Aperture Investors LLC, part of Generali Investments’ multi-boutique platform*, launched its active credit absolute return strategy, the Aperture Credit Opportunities Fund. The fund invests in a portfolio of global, liquid instruments, reflecting a combination of bottom-up fundamental analysis and quantitative techniques. It pursues returns in excess of SOIFR +2% with reduced correlations and drawdown risk throughout the market cycle. Key features:
- Experienced team that, in prior roles, have traded and invested throughout numerous economic and credit cycles over four decades.
- Historical track record** consistently delivering positive returns (outright short exposure, negative credit themes and idiosyncratic single names) in bear markets.
- Credit teams in New York and London to leverage regional expertise.
- Cross-asset approach allows maximization of asymmetry in individual trade constructs.
- Proprietary quantamental process allows for efficient idea generation across stagnant and trending markets.
- The fund management team will each invest their own capital into the strategy, alongside Peter Kraus, CEO of Aperture Investors.
APERTURE CREDIT OPPORTUNITIES FUND
- Objective: seeks a return in excess of SOFR +2% by investing in a concentrated portfolio of long and short idiosyncratic credit opportunities
- Primarily invests in debt securities (sovereign, corporate and financial risk)
using a variety of instruments
- Number of positions: 40-50 longs; 20-25 shorts
- Launch date: 5 August 2019
- AuM: $494 m USD (16 Oct 2019)
- ISIN: LU1958553072
- Structure: Luxembourg UCITS
- ETF-like ongoing fees plus performance fee
Management Company: Generali Investments Luxembourg S.A. Investments Manager: Aperture Investors
Chief Investment Officer, UK
Aperture Credit Opportunities Fund
FIND OUT MORE!
Please choose a country and investor type at the top right of the page to see the fund information. The fund data might not be available in certain jurisdictions and for certain investor types due to legal restrictions.
Please contact us if you have questions or suggestions regarding the products and services of Generali Investments.
We will answer as soon as possible. Please use your business or professional email when submitting this form.
Source: Generali Investments Partners S.p.A. Società di gestione del risparmio, October 2019.
* Through Generali Investments Holding S.p.A. that holds a majority stake.
** Simon Thorp’s Pre-Aperture track record comes was generated at Cairsea, which was subsequently moved to ILEX, then acquired by Liontrust, then by Avoca, and finally by KKR. (Bloomberg ticker: ILEXHIY KY Equity). The data provided herein is supplied for use by professional and/or institutional investors only. It is not intended to reflect the future performance of any Aperture Investors, LLC (“Aperture”) products, and is being provided solely for evaluation of Simon Thorp’s prior career as an investor. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. The data herein does not in any way represent the performance or the expected performance of Aperture products.
Aperture Investors, LLC (“Aperture”) is an investment adviser registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”). Aperture wholly owns Aperture Investors UK Ltd.
Aperture Investors SICAV – Credit Opportunities Fund is a sub-fund of Aperture Investors SICAV (an investment company qualifying as a “société d’investissement à capital variable” with multiple subfunds under the laws of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg) managed by Generali Investments Luxembourg S.A. who appointed Aperture Investors LLC as investment manager and Generali Investments Partners S.p.A. Società di gestione del risparmio as introducer, promoter and marketer of the sub-fund
This publication is for information purposes only and does not provide any professional investment, legal, accounting nor tax advice. All information and opinions contained in this publication represent the judgment of the issuers at the time of publication and are subject to change without notice. For more information about costs, risks and conditions in relation to an investment, please always read the relevant legal documents.
This publication may not be reproduced (in whole or in part), transmitted, modified, or used for any public or commercial purpose without the prior written permission of Aperture. This publication is not intended for any potential investor outside the jurisdictions in which the mentioned investment manager / investment adviser has been authorised.
To the extent that any opinions or forecasts are provided, they are as of the dates indicated, are subject to change without notice and may not be revised, may not be accurate and do not represent a recommendation or offer of any investment. Although all reasonable care and attention has been given to the data provided in this presentation, no liability is accepted for any omissions or errors. Data contained herein should not be relied upon as the basis for any investment decision.
Certain information in this publication has been obtained from sources outside of Generali Investments Partners S.p.A. Società di gestione del risparmio. While such information is believed to be reliable for the purposes used herein, no representations are made as to the accuracy or completeness thereof. There can be no assurance that the fund will meet any performance nor other targets referenced in this document.