- Investors entered the autumn with great anxiety about the trade war and Brexit. Those risks have abated, and so have flight-to-quality flows.
- Headline risk into yearend includes trade war news (US, China, EU) and soft US employment data. Yet we don’t see those derailing market trends.
- Equities continue to offer attractive earnings yields relative to bonds; it is hard to resist the appeal unless one fears a 2008- or 2011-like scenario.
- For a similar duration, the EuroAggregate Corporate (IG) yields 50bp more than 6y Portugal (BBB). CSPP returns; we stay long Credit.
- The USD is pulling back from the end-September peak. This too bodes well for risk conditions.