COVID-19 UPDATE Facts & Figures - 29/07/2021
- July 28: 575,406 7-day average new cases, compared to 519,305 a week ago and 377,273 a month ago. Now
- confirmed 195,902,638 cases worldwide vs 191,874,794 cases last week.
- 4,187,479 people have died (2.1% of confirmed cases) and 176,407,669 have recovered (90.0%).
- Europe: 52,550,368 cases; 7-day avg growth of 123,893 vs 124,876 a week ago and 36,525 a month ago.
- USA: 34,672,690 cases; 7-day avg growth of 63,698 vs 39,939 a week ago and 12,318 a month ago.
- Vaccines: around 4.01 billion doses have been administered globally, of which 343 million in the USA and 459 million
- in the EU. 109 vaccines are in clinical evaluation and 184 vaccines are in preclinical evaluation.